Sambal is a complementary food that has a distinctively spicy taste, along with the development of the era, chili sauce can be applied with several other food ingredients.
It's not just onions and chilies, the chili sauce can be created with various other ingredients.
One that tempts me is the kecombrang chili sauce.ambal Tempting
Kecombrang, kantan, or honje is a kind of spice plant and is an annual plant in the form of a herb whose flowers, fruit, and seeds are used as vegetable ingredients. Other names are honje (Sunda), kincung (Medan), Bungong Kala (Aceh), Bunga Makeup (Tapanuli), Asam Cekala (Karo), Kumbang Sekala (Lpg.), Sambuang (Mng.) and Funny (Banyuwangi). Thai people call it daalaa. In Bali it is called kecicang while the young stem is called bongkot kecicang and both can be used with sambal (sambal matah).
Sambal kecombrang has a distinctive taste and aroma. In addition to the spicy and savory taste, the fragrance of the kecombrang flowers is very appetizing. The recipe and how to make it is also very easy because it requires few ingredients.
Here's how to make spicy kecombrang chili sauce to make you happy.
- 100 grams of red cayenne pepper, spicy according to taste
- 50 grams of curly red chili
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 cloves of red onion
- 2 young kecombrang
- 3 fresh lime leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar combed
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Clean the kecombrang and cut it into thin slices. Set aside.
- Puree red cayenne pepper, curly red chili, garlic, and shallots using a pestle or chopper.
- Then heat enough oil and fry the ground spices until fragrant.
- Add the lime leaves and fry briefly until wilted.
- Just add the kecombrang flower pieces and mix well.
- Season with brown sugar and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Cook the sambal over medium heat until it is completely cooked and the oil releases. Don't forget to correct the taste.
- Once cooked, prepare a serving bowl and pour the sambal into the bowl.
- Sambal kecombrang is ready to be served as a complementary side dish.
Baca juga: A Recipe to Make a Thai Mango Sticky Rice